About 6 years ago, I was going through yet another turbulent period in my life. Due to the circumstances around that time, I had lost control of my life. I was seriously unhappy and lost, oh and really angry with lots of people and quite let down by others. Have you ever felt like you are going to go through some kind of mental illness unless you sort out what’s going on? That’s the closest I can describe to what I was feeling then.
I was at a Mind Body & Soul exhibition at the London Olymipa just walking around with one of my closest and most trusted friends, Fedwa. She had been into tarot cards and readings and was quite comfortable with it all. Me on the other hand, felt really uncomfortable with it all. This was because my Dad, (who died 12 years ago and is even to date, the most significant person in my life) had said that we shouldn’t mess with the unknown and that if it was meant for us to see these things then our eye would be able to. I was brought up in quite an orthodox Sikh family and this kind of stuff is forbidden. So not did it go against the belief system of someone who I adored, but in addition I personally didn’t know that much about it and I was scared. Anyway, I tend to play safe and stay away from things that make me feel uncomfortable.
So, you can imagine my reaction when Fedwa advised me to see a clairvoyant and told me it would help me in my current situation. I said no, no and no straight away. I love her for this – she looked around the section of the room where all of the Palm Readers, Tarot Card Readers and Clairvoyants were and pondered for a moment. She then walked up to one she liked the look of and wrote my name on her list – there was a 40 minute wait. I just looked at Fedwa and said ” yeah whatever…I’m not doing this hun, you know how I feel about this.” She ignored me and we carried on walking around the exhibition. Without even realising it, after 40 minutes, Fedwa has cleverly walked us to the table and said something on the lines of “ok see you in a bit” and walked off!! I just looked at the woman and she asked me to take a seat. She introduced herself as Sue Ellam and started talking and in 2 minutes basically described my then situation and feelings. Tears rushed down my cheeks and I had to hold myself back from sobbing uncontrollably – which is what I wanted to do but I was in a very public exhibition. She also told me she knew I didn’t want to be sitting in the chair as it was my friend who had written my name down and not me. She certainly had my attention. I was shocked that she touched my soul so quickly and without me opening my mouth – she knew nothing about me.
So we went on to do the Tarot Cards and the session lasted just over an hour. I picked cards for my past, current and future and we went through all of these in detail. there was also time at the end for me to ask any questions I wanted where the cards would reveal the answers. The great thing was that Sue recorded the whole thing on tape via a dictaphone on the table so I have a record that I have referred to many many times. She told me the problems, the solutions, how to change, more about me and my character and what books to read that will help me on my journey of growth and empowerment.
My life has changed significantly due to meeting Sue. I learned so much from her and loads about me as a person. Through this experience that I didn’t really want or believe in, I have been able to go from strength to strength and focus and channel my energies to move in the direction that I need them to. I…
- Moved out of the family home – which was so hard because Indian girls are not supposed to leave the family home unless they get married. I had a very painful separation from my Mum who I dearly love – but I had to think of me and put myself first. This was so hard and I never could have imagined that I would have the courage to do it. It may sound so basic to some people but this doesn’t happen in my family. No other female had done this prior to me. I got out of London and moved to a beautiful place called Godalming in Surrey. This was my sanctuary.
- Believed in myself a lot more and used that to work my way up the career ladder. I achieved more than I could have ever imagined.
- Got into Yoga, meditation and all of the things that make me happy inside.
- Cut out all of the negative people who just bring me down. I started feeling whole within myself and content just being in my own company – I could never have felt this before. I always needed people around me.
- I changed my diet and started looking after myself. Cooking fresh meals and eating much more fresh and raw stuff.
- I focused more on getting my body into shape and this brought much more confidence and happiness.
I have been back to see her 3 times in total and every time 90% of what she has said has become reality. I don’t pretend to understand it or question it – it worked for me. I don’t question it. I accept that during an extremely turbulent time, this was the only thing that helped me. Not only did it help me then, this experience has shaped my future.
It’s not for everyone so I understand those of you who are not willing to look at it. That’s cool. Its a tool like so many others. Maybe your solution isn’t this.
Oh and I forgot to mention, Sue has a website called Graf-O-Lojikal where she does handwriting analysis. I had this done and I must admit, she is very accurate. It’s amazing how you can tell so much from someones handwriting.
Sue was also the first person to mention The Journey by Brandon Bays which is an experience that has had a huge significance on my life and helped me to let go of so many things that would have only held me back.